Injuries suffered from an auto accident can be both physically and emotionally devastating. It is important to find the best healthcare to begin treatment and get on the road to recovery. At Valley Stream Chiropractic in Valley Stream, NY, we provide experienced chiropractic care to help you recover from auto injuries. We have gathered a few questions you may have about visiting a chiropractor after an auto accident.
What are the Most Common Auto Accident Injuries?
There are many types of auto accident injuries that you might receive, including:
- Whiplash: Trauma to the neck and shoulders is one of the most common injuries after an accident.
- Herniated Discs: Back injuries often occur during an accident. In particular, a person might experience a herniated disc.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones throughout the body are common injuries after an automobile accident.
- Knee Trauma: The knees can often hit the dashboard of a vehicle during an accident.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
There are several benefits associated with visiting a chiropractor after an auto accident:
- Reduce Pain: Chiropractic treatment can loosen and strengthen tender ligaments, joints, and muscles. This can reduce your pain without relying on strong medications.
- Reduce Scar Tissue: Scar tissue often develops on muscles that are damaged after a car accident. A chiropractor can locate and gently remove scar tissue on the damaged muscles.
- Reduce Stiffness: A chiropractor can create a plan that will address the stiffness often experienced after an accident. Reducing stiffness can improve your overall mobility.
When Should I See a Chiropractor?
You should schedule an appointment within a few days of involvement in an auto accident. Some people might want to wait until they receive an insurance settlement. This, however, could take weeks, even months. During this time an injury can become worse. Even if you do not experience pain right away, you will want to schedule an appointment. Some types of pain do not occur until several days after an accident.
What Techniques Do Chiropractors Use?
The following are a few of the modalities that a chiropractor may use:
- Spinal Adjustments
- Massage Therapy
- Heat and Ice Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
- Nutrition Management
Auto Accident Injury Treatment in Valley Stream, NY
At Precision Health and Wellness, we provide expert chiropractic care for auto accident injuries and other personal injuries. Best of all, we do not rely on pain medication or invasive procedures like surgery to provide effective pain relief for our patients. Call Valley Stream Chiropractic today at (516) 791-6421 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.